Where can I try a camera before I buy it?

I asked this question before: [URL Truncated]
I got some helpful answers on the photography section and some rude ones on the camera section.

Everyone says I should go to the store and try them out. Problem: what store will actually let me turn a camera on??? The only place to buy a DSLR in my area is Best Buy. I went there and the dim guy said that I wasn't allowed to do what I was asking to do. So what do I do? Does anyone have any ideas for me? I live in Kentucky. I'll be going to Lexington soon. Any stores there or anywhere that will let me try out a camera???
I was asking this guy if I could turn on the camera and try it out. He said he couldn't let me do that.

Walmart and staples will let you turn them on and try them out.
Best buy here lets you try them too.

Answer by mister on 07 Jan 2010 04:04:31

They will let you play with the cameras at Best Buy. That is why they have them on display in the first place. All you have to do is go in there grab the camera that is on display and start playing with it. I have done it lots of times.
If that guy is there again, ignore him because he doesn't know what he is talking about. They are sitting out there for a reason and that is so people can test them out.
Target and Walmart also sell DSLR cameras and they are on display so you can test them out.

Answer by ? on 07 Jan 2010 04:06:28

Yes, many of the electronics stores you can test.

I am sure that a camera store will let you test DSLR cameras and there must be some in Kentucky for sure.

When a store is selling cameras that cost from $500 to $8,000 they are usually more than willing to let you do some tests.

We have three professional camera stores in the Phoenix area and I have don tests on many of their DSLR's, mostly in the pursuit of data I can later relay to people here with questions. Even Kitt's and Ritz will let you run a few tests.

Answer by fhotoace on 07 Jan 2010 04:10:21

Ive never been to a BestBuy or any other major retailer who wouldnt let me try a camera in store. Theyve opened new batteries and memory cards to assist me. Im a bit puzzled by your question. You say

"the dim guy said that I wasn't allowed to do what I was asking to do."

Id like to know exactly what you were asking to do.

Answer by KNDChicago on 07 Jan 2010 05:20:47

Stores will let you try the cameras that they have on display. If you are wanting to open a new box and try that particular camera, they will not let you do that.

I bought my DSLR at Ritz and I could try the cameras they showed me. When I decided which one I wanted to buy, I got a new box that had never been opened before.

Answer by Cat Lover on 07 Jan 2010 06:30:41
Best Answer

You have the same problem many have. I live in a city in Florida that stinks. There is Ritz camera and then the place like Bestbuy. VERY often these places do not even have in stock cameras I am interested in.

When I travel, I make it a point to visited real camera stores, in LA, California I will stop by Freestyle and if in NYC, NY, I have once been in B&H Photo. Check out the nearest bigger cities near you and maybe a road trip is in order? In Chicago there is Calumet Photo.

It is ridiculous that you could not turn on the camera.

I do not know where in Kentucky you are but use some web searches to see what best options are near you?

I wish I could be of more help, but I did search the web and found what could be some resources for you, check out the links below.

Mark

Answer by Mark on 08 Jan 2010 06:17:39

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment