Why is my camera saying "file error" when I look at a certain picture?

When I look through my pictures on my camera it always says "file error" when I get to a certain one. My camera then freezes and I can't look through the rest of the pictures. I only got it a couple of weeks ago, anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers guys.

Best Answer

sounds to me like the picture was not properly recorded to the memory card.
This could have happened if the battery died while you were taking the picture, or if the batteries were removed while the picture was being written to the card.

Or the pictures may be ok, and the camera is just not displaying them properly for some reason...

I would recommend that youinvest in a USB Card Reader (available at walmart, bestbuy, amazon etc...) for about $15
Plug the card reader into your USB Port on your computer.
Remove memory card from your camera, and insert into the Card reader.
Follow instructions from the card reader to open your memory card.
Find pictures and copy them directly to your computer's hard drive.

This will eliminate any problems that you might have with plugging the camera directly into your computer, and using the camera specific software.

It may also help with retrieving pictures that your camera cannot process properly.

Answer by ERIC on 06 Jan 2010 11:08:35

Did you remember to Format your new memory card before you used it the first time? I'm guessing you didn't.

What I recommend you do is try to transfer ALL your images to your computer (using either the USB cable or a card reader) then Format your memory card (in your camera Menu). Formatting deletes ALL files and keeps the card in good order and helps prevent card errors.

Never make a habit of leaving lots of images on the memory card without first transferring them to your computer. Your memory card is not meant to be a permanent storage device, only a temporary one.

Imagine if you had all your irreplaceable images stored on the card and you had never bothered to transfer them to your computer? And something when wrong with the card...

So, look up Format in your Manual...

Answer by Petra_au on 06 Jan 2010 03:11:14

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment