advanced digital camera under $400 [thumbs up /BA]?

"advanced" as in manual controls, more than a standard point & shoot.
i can't afford a DSLR and this is the next best thing. plus, its half the luggage.

i was thinking Canon sx120?
unsure about Sony Cybershot H20 and Fuji FinePix S1500
i've only owned Canon and nikon digital cameras. nikon,never again.

input? or experience with any of the above mentioned?
thanks! BEST ANSWER & THUMBS UPPPPP

I just bought a new digital camera, and I was trying to choose between mine and a nikon. I got an Olympus, whic I love. And my friend has used them before nad will never change. Mine is an Olympus Stylus 7010. 12 megapixels, 7x optical zoom. You almost wont get anything better than 7x optical zoom. It also has video with sound, as most do, and man other features. My mom has the Sony and I am not a fan. it takes the picture too slowly and it isnt really that clear. Never used fuji though.

Answer by DD on 30 Dec 2009 03:22:38

I just bought a new digital camera, and I was trying to choose between mine and a nikon. I got an Olympus, whic I love. And my friend has used them before nad will never change. Mine is an Olympus Stylus 7010. 12 megapixels, 7x optical zoom. You almost wont get anything better than 7x optical zoom. It also has video with sound, as most do, and man other features. My mom has the Sony and I am not a fan. it takes the picture too slowly and it isnt really that clear. Never used fuji though.

Answer by Samantha R on 30 Dec 2009 03:24:56
Best Answer

For under $400 I would recommend Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
- 12.1-megapixel resolution
- 27mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens
- 18x optical zoom with POWER O.I.S.
- HD movies with 1280 x 720-pixel resolution; AVCHD Lite format
- 2.7-inch TFT LCD screen
It take great image quality also with HD video.Here are sample pictures from real user
[URL Truncated]

or another good choice is Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD
[URL Truncated]

However if you want more compact, Sony H20 is a good choice.Sharp & clear images.
[URL Truncated]

Answer by BL on 30 Dec 2009 03:36:46

Canon SX20IS

but I use Nikon, I don't have a problem with it, remember, it's the person behind the camera, not the camera itself, if you don't know how to use it, then you shouldn't be using it. I was going to recommend a Nikon P90, but guess not.

Answer by Ace Ventura: Pet PhotographerT on 30 Dec 2009 04:08:50

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment