Handycam DCR-HC38 unable to detect?

I have a handycam DCR-HC38 cam and I installed a firewire port already. So I took a few videos recently and decided to capture them on my PC, however it's unable to detect(it detected a few times then it stopped). I never had this problem before. It worked perfectly but now the PC doesn't detect it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, no luck. Whenever I plug in the cable, DVIN pops up which shows that the firewire port obviously detects it but the PC doesn't. Much help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

This would be a very time to call Sony and have them help you with this problem

800.222.SONY

I had a similar problem, but in the reverse. I had a Sony notebook and it could not see either my JVC nor my Canon mini-DV video cameras. It turned out that the firewire could only see other Sony products.

Since the firewire on my cameras were not the 800, but 400 speed version, I had to use the USB 2.0 at 480 Mbit/s rate

Answer by fhotoace on 30 Dec 2009 05:10:13

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment