Baby Coming Soon! : Best Digital Camera?

Whats the best Digital Camera on market right now that takes movies and makes good clear pictures? Looking for the best deal..have a baby coming up and money is tight. Thanks

Best Answer

I would recommend you
Canon PowerShot SD780IS
12.1-megapixel, 3x optical zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilizer, HD movie shooting capability plus HDMI output, 2.5-inch widescreen PureColor LCD II screen; Face Detection
you can see its picture quality
[URL Truncated]

Answer by niks on 30 Dec 2009 09:43:53

If you are thinking about a DSLR that can also do HD video then I think the Pentax K-x 12MP DSLR with 18-55mm Zoom with HD Video is something worth researching and considering. It is not cheap at $550 but that is less than what other DSLRs that do video cost.

Just thought this is worth a mention.

Good luck on your future new camera and your baby that is on the way.

Mark

Answer by Mark on 30 Dec 2009 09:50:06

I have personal experience in this area as I bought and returned several cameras trying to find the right one to capture not only infant photos but photos as your child starts crawling and walking .

Canon PowerShot SD780IS - $184 - Uses a proprietary battery which is expensive if you want a backup or need to replace it

Pentax K series DSLR - Expensive for what you need and DSLRs arent convenient for carrying around. You may not like this as your child starts crawling and walking.

Most people recommend what they personally like but their needs arent necessarily your needs. I started with 35mm film SLR for my new baby. I got tired of carrying that around real fast. I used a bridge camera for a while but once she started walking its auto focus couldn't keep up with her. I tried a few point n shoots but there was too much shutter lag and I kept missing moments. I wound up with A Kodak point n shoot. Its about 7 years old now with around 8000 photos taken and still works perfectly on the original battery. I don't recommend new Kodaks because I personally like an optical viewfinder. New Kodaks only have the LCD screen which can be hard to view in sunlight.

If I were buying a new camera to take photos of my daughter I would get the Canon PowerShot A1100 IS. I have a few friends with this and its great. No noticeable shutter lag. 4x optical zoom, optical viewfinder, face detection, motion detection, 12mp, image stabilizer etc etc etc. Its $130-$150 and available almost anywhere.

It doesnt take HD video but it does take full 640x480 standard resolution video as well as 320x240 video if you want smaller file sizes. I personally use and recommend a dedicated video camera for the best video results. I dont use my regular cameras video feature on any of my cameras. Its a convenience to me only in the event I dont have my video camera along with me. Generally I carry both and have both on ready to use. I dont want to waste time switching from camera mode to video mode and back again repeatedly.

I dont have this and I regret it but I recommend a video camera which records to mini DVD. You dont have to mess with uploading to your computer then burning it to DVD. Plus with some camera video files you have to convert the video file to another format before you can use it to edit or burn a DVD.

A big plus to me is that it uses inexpensive easily obtainable AA batteries. I recommend NIMH rechargeable but in a pinch you can always use AA alkalines. Photos are great, its easy to carry and it does a great job of capturing the moment.

Whichever you buy keep red eye reduction off for your child photos. Red eye reduction adds a shutter lag and you may miss that special moment. You can remove red eye on your computer very easily and most cameras come with software to do this. Some even allow rede eye removal on the camera after the photo is taken. I don't know if the A1100IS has this feature.

Answer by KNDChicago on 30 Dec 2009 10:12:08

Canon SD1200 IS. 3X optical zoom, 10 megapixels, very good image quality. $149+shipping at crutchfield.com

Answer by Vintage Music on 30 Dec 2009 11:46:35

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment